Beacon Health is committed to helping you achieve independence. Our supported employment services help our clients get a job and keep that job. We provide rapid job search and follow-along support for mental health consumers who want to work and earn part-or full-time competitive wages.
We can help you or a loved one learn new job skills, increase self reliance and contribute to the community. If you’ve never worked or if you’re looking to get back into the workforce, we can help. We can help you find the career you love through career coaching and counseling.
We can even help you with benefits counseling.
What can Supported Employment Services do for you?
- Help with all job seeking skills (applications, interviewing, writing resumes)
- Assist in job search
- Provide counseling about benefits
- Offer assistance with job development and placement
- Support after finding employment
- Give on-site job coaching & self-employment
Who does Supported Employment Services serve?
- Lake County mental health consumers who want to work
- Job seekers with mental illness who have been involved with the criminal justice system
Eight Guiding Principles of Evidence-Based Practice of Supported Employment
Refer to Ohio Supported Employment Coordinating Center of Excellence and Dartmouth College for more details about and resources for Supported Employment.
- A Competitive Job is the Goal
- Zero Exclusion Policy
- Consumer Preferences are Important
- Rapid Job Search
- Systematic Job Development
- Employment is Integrated with Mental Health Services
- Time-Unlimited Support
- Personalized Benefits Planning
Call our Supported Employment Program Manager, at 440-639-3533 for additional information.